Our upgraded charge pipe kit utilizes smooth flowing, larger inner diameter cold-side for increased airflow and factory diameter hot-side outlet to aid in turbocharger spool. 4-ply silicone couplers are used throughout our design for a couple of reasons:
*Minor trimming may be required to radiator/fan shroud if using an aftermarket radiator.
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than factory.
- Cast Aluminum Intercooler Outlet Piece
- (1) Aluminum Charge Pipe, powdercoated wrinkle-black w/ vacuum port(s)
- (1) Methanol Injection bung
- (3) 4-ply silicone couplers
- 304 Stainless Steel Lined clamps
- All hardware needed for install
Kit will be applicable with all factory-replacement intercoolers, but we recommend pairing with PRL Motorsports intercooler for best results!